My new favourite breakfast cookie, as promised.
- 2 medium sized organic bananas
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sunflower butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 1/2 cups organic steel-cut oats
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (chocolate, dried cranberries, nuts, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mash the bananas into a large bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them together
- Scope large mounds of the mixture onto a baking sheet. Depending on the size, the recipes should make around 8-12. Keep in mind, they are supposed to be a breakfast item so don’t make them too small
- Cook the cookies for 20 mins or until they brown around the edges (mine ended up taking around 24 mins)
- Remove from the oven and let them cool
The cookies should be moist and will stay fresh for about 5 days in an airtight container. I usually double the recipe and freeze half of the cookies.
Happy Valentines day.